Friday, August 6, 2010

Bedazzle Your Lashes

For Prom Season 2010 the common product I used on my girls was diamond-studded false lashes. I DIE for these because they are right up my alley - Rhinestones & Glitter! These gorgeous additions create an extra level of attitude to any makeup look, but are still simply pretty and elegant. The main concern people have with these are whether or not the lashes will feel heavy and weigh down the eyelid. From personal experience, and feedback I've received from my clients, the diamond-studded lashes felt identical to the normal lashes worn everyday by most celebrities. I recommend Ardell brand False Eyelashes because they have a fantastic selection and are quite inexpensive compared to other brands of equal quality. They can be purchased at Sally's Beauty Supply stores and other drug stores nationwide. For more information and to view their products visit their website at http://www.ardelllashes.com/.


Follow these steps to successfully apply the lashes:

1. False eyelashes may be trimmed in width or length to suit your eye size or personal preference. (Try original length before cutting.) Always cut from the outer lashes (the end with thicker and longer lashes) when trimming.
2. Apply fake eyelash glue sparingly to lash band. I recommend DUO brand Eyelash Adhesive.
3. Wait at least 10 seconds for adhesive to become sticky.
4. Position false eyelashes slightly above your natural lash with tweezers and press ends into place.
5. Gently press across entire lash until set.
6. To remove, dab either waterproof eye makeup remover or fake eyelash remover on the lashline with a cotton swab. Allow product to soak then gently peel false eyelashes band off lid, starting at outer corner. (I sometimes honestly just wash my face with my cleanser and the lashes are loosened and easy to remove.)
7. Remove adhesive from band and place your false eyelashes back to the tray for re-use.

These lashes are FUN FUN FUN to say the least and I promise you will fall in love with them!

No comments: