Saturday, July 24, 2010

TREND ALERT: Leopard Print

While I know this is primarily a makeup blog, I am a Lover of all things related to fashion and will create a weekly (or bi-weekly, depending upon my mood) post regarding a current trend that I DIE FOR! This week's trend is Leopard Print. I personally am all About anything leopard print, from bed comforters to headbands. However, I can understand some peoples' reservations with the Bold & daring statement. If worn incorrectly, the trend can transform from Fabulous to overbearing tackiness (ex. Peggy Bundy from "Married With Children"). Try pairing leopard print shoes with an all black ensemble for a trendy but chic look. Also, try sticking to one print per ensemble to cut down on the busyness. Here are a few of my current FAVORITE Leopard Print items.

1. Leopard-print Scarf - These scarfs are my favorite accessory! Use one to add flare to an otherwise simple outfit. Pair with a white button up and boyfriend jeans for a preppy-chic look. Or, throw one on with a form-fitting black mini for a fun date night.


2. Stuart Weitzman Leopard Bobcat 'Colorado" Platform Slingbacks - The minute I saw these fabulous shoes I ordered them and they have been a wardrobe staple ever since. These versatile shoes can be worn during the Spring, Summer & Fall making them a great addition to your wardrobe.


3. Leopard-print Silk-georgette Dress - This delicious garment is a room stealer in any situation. Perfect for date night, a business meeting or Sunday morning service, you will definitely get use out of this gorgeous number. Pair with a black pump of your choice & subtle jewelry and you will achieve Perfection.


4. Leopard-print Jumpsuit - This number is only for the Wild at Heart, proceed with caution! I absolutely love this jumpsuit because it screams "I make my own rules!". Pair with a black cropped leather jacket, cami or any sleek black outerwear of your choice during the Fall and Winter months. When accessorizing, pair bold jewelry such as gold bamboo earrings and an array of bangles for that extra Umph.

No comments: