Monday, March 7, 2011

I'm A Proud Unconventional Beauty

Since I was a little girl I have been teased about my large forehead. However, over the years I have learned to embrace and accept it as something that makes me unique and Beautiful. Unconventional Beauty is interesting and much more fun to paint on! In the four years I've been a licensed practicing MUA (makeup artist), I've come across many Beauties who have requested that I figure out ways to camouflage their quirky features - from large lips to wide-set eyes. While us MUA's have a plethora of techniques utilizing certain products and colors that can satisfy requests such as these, I spend a great deal of time Preaching ACCEPTANCE & EMBRACING!! When I am asked to minimize the forehead, I empathize because of the personal connection I feel to the makeover, and use one of (or a combination of) the following techniques:

1. Apply a light bronzer to each temple and blend. This will create a shadow effect causing the head to look more rounded.

2. (Heart Shape Face) Contour at the temples and cheeks to diminish the width of your upper face.

3. Contour on the corners of either side of your forehead and across the hairline.

**Your contour color that should be 2 shades darker than your foundation with the same undertone. Be sure to BLEND BABY BLEND!


Beautiful Large Foreheaded Goddesses



No comments: